• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1884-s Morgan.

15 posts in this topic

The question should be, "How would you grade this coin?"

Official ANA Grading Standards for United States Coins

Availability: In Stock

Price: $16.95

(need help viewing?)

To view the table of contents, Adobe Reader needs to be installed on your system. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded by clicking the link below:

Item Number: 0794819931

Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds

Learn how to grade your U.S. coins quickly and accurately. Beginners, advanced collectors, and dealers will all find the text understandable and invaluable for grading coins.

Every standard grade is illustrated and described in detail.

Every coin is studied, from half cents to gold double eagles.

Text descriptions of 30 levels help you pinpoint grades from poor to perfect Mint State.

High-resolution photographs show you exactly what to look for.

All 11 levels of Mint State are discussed in detail, as are proof designations.

A special 16-page full-color section highlights toning and other areas of interest. Spiralbound Hardcover. (Spiral $16.95)

Kam, your photos are still very blurry, and you really need a copy stand or tripod. Also, please try to resize your photos so the entire obverse or reverse of the coin can be viewed without scrolling back & forth or up & down. Somewhere between 450x450 and 600x600 is more than adequate to assess your coins.

Chris

VF20

nice thx. paid 41.50 for it. i did ok. i just like collecting the rare dates.

It isn't rare in circulated grades.

Chris

VF20

Chris

Chris is right.

1884-S is not rare at all, but rather common, in VF-20 condition.

To add insult to injury, you overpaid for it.

VF20

Chris

Chris is right.

1884-S is not rare at all, but rather common, in VF-20 condition.

To add insult to injury, you overpaid for it.

lol please tell me where you get your morgans.

i can sell this coin all day for $50. silver was like $2/oz less when I got it. i spend a lot of time picking out the best ones online usually.

i can sell this coin all day for $50. silver was like $2/oz less when I got it. i spend a lot of time picking out the best ones online usually.

Sell it to whom? An experienced collector? A dealer? A bidiot? Or, Stevie Wonder?

No offense, Kam, but it seems like you've wasted a lot of time buying some "less than desirable" specimens, and you don't seem to want to heed the advice given to you by some very respected collectors.

Chris

Sell it to whom? An experienced collector? A dealer? A bidiot? Or, Stevie Wonder?

No offense, Kam, but it seems like you've wasted a lot of time buying some "less than desirable" specimens, and you don't seem to want to heed the advice given to you by some very respected collectors.

Chris

completely irrelevant. i only asked where you would get these morgans for less than $40 a piece. that look like this. and this date.

silver is $43.70

i bot this coin before i was even a member here.

i would sell this right back on ebay, and easily collect $50 or more. I would say more.

but im not going to.

maybe he agrees?

please tell me where you get your morgans.

i only asked where you would get these morgans for less than $40 a piece. that look like this. and this date.

That isn't what you asked, but it is truly irrelevant because your attittude has turned off some very savvy collectors. Have you noticed that, at least for the moment, nobody other than jerseycat and myself are responding to your posts?

You've shown little or no appreciation for the good advice others have tried to give you, and now, you intimate that you have no qualms about taking advantage of others on eBay by selling something at an inflated price. By the way, if your photos aren't any better than the ones you've posted, only Stevie Wonder could love them.

With that said, I think I'll join the others.

Goodbye!

Chris

please tell me where you get your morgans.

i only asked where you would get these morgans for less than $40 a piece. that look like this. and this date.

That isn't what you asked, but it is truly irrelevant because your attittude has turned off some very savvy collectors. Have you noticed that, at least for the moment, nobody other than jerseycat and myself are responding to your posts?

You've shown little or no appreciation for the good advice others have tried to give you, and now, you intimate that you have no qualms about taking advantage of others on eBay by selling something at an inflated price. By the way, if your photos aren't any better than the ones you've posted, only Stevie Wonder could love them.

With that said, I think I'll join the others.

Goodbye!

Chris

lol what ? hmm u and steve wonder have a lot in common ? cant read ?

oh well.

:hi:

Kam - you have a harshly cleaned, polished, low grade circulated coin. It is quite common in this condition, and it is not attractive at all. The coin is worth its weight in silver, which right now is about $34. So yes, I would say you overpaid for it.

Stop being arrogant and thinking you know it all. Chris has been collecting coins since the 50's or 60's - which gives him about 50 years of experience on you. Further, he specializes in Morgans. If he says something, I would listen to him.

More new collectors have been driven out of this community by their arrogance than I can count. Calm down, take our advice, and you will succeed. Otherwise, burn through your money and have nothing to show for it - the choice is yours and I don't particularly care. Its not my money.

Kam - you have a harshly cleaned, polished, low grade circulated coin. It is quite common in this condition, and it is not attractive at all. The coin is worth its weight in silver, which right now is about $34. So yes, I would say you overpaid for it.

Stop being arrogant and thinking you know it all. Chris has been collecting coins since the 50's or 60's - which gives him about 50 years of experience on you. Further, he specializes in Morgans. If he says something, I would listen to him.

More new collectors have been driven out of this community by their arrogance than I can count. Calm down, take our advice, and you will succeed. Otherwise, burn through your money and have nothing to show for it - the choice is yours and I don't particularly care. Its not my money.

then thats said bc a newborn baby would realize i got a good deal.

i am not arrogrant, but lately, as i post more coins, you all are becoming so.

i am still happy go lucky. not sure why u are all so serious about this.

and to top that off, i dont have the nerve to call other people arrogant or what not. even though that is what i felt, i just dont care enough. its really not a big deal.