• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1819 Capped Bust Quarter. VAM? GRADE?(NGC RESULTS)

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys- I took numerous pics of the reverse. My camera has a hard time focusing on just one area of the coin when it comes to subjects that small. There's also a doubling on the "5" in the denomination on the reverse. I was hoping the VAM GUY (CJ I believe) could shed some light on it. Top 40? Grade?

_MG_1233.jpg_MG_1235.jpg_MG_1238.jpg_MG_1237.jpg

This is the B-3 variety of the 1819 Bust Quarter. It is a very common variety and not rare. Bust Quarters varieties are not distinguished by Vams, only Morgan and Peace dollars are. This coin like most of the other raw coins you have posted has been cleaned.

NGC listed the first half of the info on the grading they've done. No grade yet, but they listed the variety. "1819 Small 9 variety B-3" They charged my card, so there should be a grade posted by the end of the day.