• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KNOWING YOUR STUFF PAYS OFF posted by cvcc

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Stuck gold on E-bay for E bay bucks!

I just won an auction for a very rare Russian coin. It is so rare that neither NGC or PCGS has ever graded one. The seller listed the coin as if it were a average coin for the year in question, but the mint masters initials were not the same as the average coin for that year, a new mint master started very late in the year and an unknown small number of coins were minted under his initials. I found one example of this coin sold two years ago in Europe for 2800 Euros in a lesser grade than the one I purchased for $21 Dollars of E-bay bucks today. Well I am stoked and because the seller was not a coin collector, had a very lousey picture showing the side without the initials on the listing page, and did not mention the mint masters initials in the description line. I found it by checking for it, and other rare coins, in the new listings every day without fail. No one else took the time to look at this unasuming and ill presented lot and so I had no competition bidding against me. I am certian that it is real and will send it in to NGC for grading when it arrives. I would never have been able to afford this coin for my collection if not for this. I will let you know when I get it back from grading and post a picture then.

See more journals by cvcc