• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Work Paid Off posted by Texan's Coins

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Star Note Find

I don't normally collect currency, but I work at a bank, so when we get in brand new money from the FED, I'll take a look through it for serial numbers, star notes, etc.

Yesterday, we got in $1000 in brand new $1's, so this morning, I took a look through them and found three consecutive star notes. The thrill of discovery was definitely there.

It is my best find in the last 5 years or so. About 5 years ago, we got in some $5s and I found two with a drop of green ink that some how made its way there at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. One now has a drop of ink on its back and the next has the matching drop on its front.

Happy collecting!

Marcus

P.S. I make sure someone is watching when I exchange money for these finds. ;o)

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Woo Hoo, circulations finds in coin and currency are still out there. You've got the patience I lack so GOOD FOR YOU and keep on finding those little gems..