• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should I pay HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hello to all

I was hoping someone could help me with this coin.

I know very little about it and what I need to know is

What would be a fair price for me to pay for it

sitting2.jpg

sitting-1.jpg

Looks like an F+, with possible cleaning. I wouldn't pay more than $15-$20 for it, and I would lean towards the lower side of that.

Just an FYI - the NGC Price Guide is an excellent resource, and will help you with further questions of this sort: http://www.ngccoin.com/poplookup/NGCCoinPriceGuide.asp

Please, for your own sake, if you are asking this question of this coin, go to a local B&M coin dealer(or more if you have them) and let them show you one of this date in a much better condition for in the $20-30 range. Ask them to explain to you what you need to watch for and how to basically decide what type coin you want for your collection and why. This will be the most profitable amount of time that a new collector could spend. I hope you do so. Best of luck.

Jim

Why do you want that coin? Why are you buying it? Must you?

NGC's price guide is for NGC-graded, problem-free coins. It may give you a general sense of value but when looking at a raw coin consider that it may have issues, like improper cleaning, which would significantly lower the value of the coin.

I like Jim's suggestion. Find yourself a coin shop and let them help you. Take this dime with you and ask what they would pay for it or what they would sell it for.

Lance.

You guy's are all GREAT!!!

Thank you for taking the time to help a rookie like myself.

That is what I love about this site.

Someone is always willing to take the time to help, and not make a guy feel like a dummy because of his lack of knowledge.

I was looking at paying $8.50 from a friend, so I did not do so bad for a rookie.

Again Thank you all for the help

Alan

I saw the title and the first thing I thought was that Help should be paid at whatever the going rate is, and definitely not less than minimum wage.

I saw the title and the first thing I thought was that Help should be paid at whatever the going rate is, and definitely not less than minimum wage.

If its short term help, such as friends, pizza and beer is generally an acceptable form of compensation.