• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

variety coins

7 posts in this topic

Hi to all, I'm new to collecting. Can anyone tell me about variety coins?

The NGC variety plus does not list this coin. I have 1883 ddo variety. Will NGC grade this coin with variety or as a error coin?http://boards.collectors-society.com/images/icons/default/frown.gif

Thank you.

Michael

I'm sorry, it's Indian head penny ddo. How do I add pictures?

The 5th Edition, Volume I of the Cherrypickers Guide has no listing for an 1883 IHC DDO. I believe this is the reference book that NGC uses for varieties. I don't know whether or not they use the CONECA listings as well.

As for posting your photos, I think you need to use a hosting service like Photobucket or have a photo software program something like the one I use, ACDSee. If you already have a Photobucket account (some of them are free), one of the other members should be able to help you.

Chris

Being an indian head cent I strongly suspect it is going to be a case of Longacre doubling. Can't be sure though without a photo.