• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idea regarding multi-coin holders... your thoughts?

5 posts in this topic

Howdy,

I had this idea, but as far as I can tell, NGC won't use it. What do you think?

One of my proof sets has a simply amazing cent--definitely one that deserves to be slabbed. But, I don't want to break the set (especially because the mint token is also brilliantly toned). So I suggested that just the cent get graded, but the rest of the coins are simply put in the set for a handling fee, and the token, too, which can fit in a slot made for an SBA dollar. The label can clearly say just the cent, and this way my cent is graded, and my set is in tact.

What are you opinions of doing this?

Jeremy

I think the idea is to locate a proof or unc set where all the coins are high grade. This will create a market for selling and collecting for these sets.

I had to mix and match the 50 2003 P and D's mint sets to create 5 of the best combos of those coins. And yet the best one has just 7 out of the 10 coins that I believe will grade between MS64 and MS67

Leo

If they do it for you then they would haft to do it for everyone. I really don't think their program was initially set up for what you want.

You can't always get what you want! Sing it everybody!

Try capital plastics for a holder and have just that coin certified...........crack it out.......... 893blahblah.gif

Leo