• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Sets - Not your average coins - sometimes... posted by TD Henson

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

This post was inspired by Walnutto and his 1981 D Jefferson Nickel

I'm always searching OBW rolls, mint sets, singles, dealer stock at shows or any source that I can find nice BU coins. There are gems to be found if one has patience, patience, patience...

Generally, I'm looking for dimes, but I also review the other coins for gems like Walnutto's Jefferson. I generally have pick up points on the other coins like steps/building on Jefferson's, the shield and eagle's breast for Kennedy's and the portrait of George on Washinton's to quickly evaluate if a coin has merit to take a second look. And of course the torch for my Roosie's - generally a Roosie has to have spectacular luster before I'll give it a second look if it isn't full torch, unless of course your talking 70's and early 80's coins.

I'll go through hundred's of dimes sometimes without keeping a single coin and frustration starts to set in and I want to give up and quit this futile effort. I keep on though and then the fruits of my labor begin to pay dividends. It takes awhile sometimes and finding MS 68 coins have to be a challenge or they wouldn't be so cool to find.

Today's picture - 1992 P NGC MS 68 FT - Pop 2 and none higher in FT.

Have a great evening!

Todd

8535.jpg

See more journals by TD Henson