• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

America the Beautiful Quarters and set proliferation... posted by TD Henson

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Why not collect something that's so affordable?

Good Evening all and hope your day was filled with coin collecting pleasure. The mail lady brought lots of coins today including my next two additions to my ATB quarters the silver and clad versions of the Hot Springs.

At first I didn't think that I would be interested in these and especially not proofs, but the more I thought about it and the more I saw the decent price point you could pick up proof 70's the more I couldn't resist. Throw in the silver bullion in half the set and it becomes more appealing. Then I sold myself on the fact that I could finally find a set I could get a #1 rating, even though I share it with 50 other people, it will still be a top rated set by year end.

So now the dilemma, should I buy them individually or as a set? The 2010 I started buying individually and will wind up paying about the same price I paid for a complete set of clad 2011 quarters, so no difference really in price, but it is more fun chasing the individual coins.

The mail lady also brought about 20 raw silver and clad dimes, maybe one will be part of my next submission.

I love this hobby!!!

Todd

8470.JPG

See more journals by TD Henson