• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agony turns into Astonishment!! posted by TD Henson

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I would count this as my best submission ever!!!

001 1980 D 10C MS 65

002 1979 D 10C MS 66

003 1994 P 50C MS 67

004 1980 D 25C UNC DETAILS OBV IMPROPERLY CLEANED

005 1986 P 10C MS 67

006 1988 D 10C MS 68 FT

007 1992 P 10C MS 68 FT

It started off slow, if the truth be known I almost didn't submit the 79-D or the 80-D, and given the grades I would have been better off. The Kennedy turned out solid and if plus grades were available on the moderns - I'm certain this one would have warranted it. THe 80-D quarter is puzzling as I'm not sure what the experts are seeing - I can't wait to see it to figure it out. The 86-P Roosevelt was nice and chanced a possible 68 on that one, but I'll settle for the 67 - solid for the year.

1988-D MS 68 FT - Top Pop with this being the 3rd 68 FT and no other coins at the 68 level or higher - pays for this submission probably 5 times over by itself.

1992-P MS 68 FT - Top FT population with this being the second coin graded. There are 4 MS 68 coins and 1 MS 69 coin. This is the icing on the cake and also probably worth 5 times the submission cost.

I can't wait to get them home and re-inspect. Yes. That's the next step in my "agonizing" effort to learn grading. Why did the 79-D and 80-D's do so poorly in relation to the rest of the group. What did I miss - I'm sure their's something... Overall I'll call this one a superb success!

Have a great day all and Happy Collecting!!!

Todd

See more journals by TD Henson

Awesome! Love getting back 2 top pops in one small submission ...

Any thoughts out there, why 1986 MS coins are worth more than neighboring years? Were the mint sets in poor shape, but coins sent to circulation better? The premium on 1986 seems higher than 1982/1983 for some denominations ...

AND does this mean that the graders work on holidays? At PCGS, the grading department works on Saturdays, but the shipping department only works M-F.