• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please post a classic commemorative.

44 posts in this topic

It is remarkable that Hawaii was just a territory in 1928, and yet was able to get Congress to pass an authorization for a commemorative half dollar.

HawaiianO.jpgHawaiianR.jpg

I’ve always viewed the Missouri commemorative half dollar as the “big sleeper” in the series. It does not get the press that Hawaiian half dollar gets, and yet it is harder to find in grades like MS-64 and 65. From what I’ve read most the “plain” pieces were sold at the state fair that was held in Sedalia, Missouri to farmers and other non-collectors who shoved them in their overalls and continued to use less than perfect preservation techniques from that time forward. The 2*4 variety pieces were sold at banks and were a bit better preserved.

MissouriO.jpgMissouriR.jpg

Saen fantastic Albany- I rarely see any I like

Bill- I betcha that Missouri looks even better in hand. A keeper for sure. Yes, a very tough coin. MJ