• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunday Coin Post #1

16 posts in this topic

Since this is a coin forum, let's post some coins. This is #1 of what I hope will be a weekly sharing of nice coins. May be ugly coins if that's what you want to show. ;)

This coin is from Mark Feld. Hi Mark. :) It's in an old NGC holder graded AU53.

Super example with PF fields, nice color, and some crust to boot. :grin:

On it's way to CAC for verification. Not that I doubt NGC or Mark, just a comfort thing.

MarkFeldtwentycents1875ngc53A.jpg

No dealer makes me feel better about buying a coin then Mark. Sorry Mark, but it''s true :applause:

His viewing policy is first class, and his advice: honest.

OP

Let's get this thread going! What do you figure this one graded?

Lance.

I would guess MS66, maybe MS66+. I think there are a few ticks too many for MS67.

Edit to add: are those die cracks or contact marks around Miss Liberty's cap and around the star below the "m" in "UNUM"?

1887 is usually sharp and bold. This coin has an outstanding Obverse strike, clear fields. Nice Reverse with very minor field ticks. Devices very well defined. I like this Morgan The rim toning adds to the overall appeal..

MS66 and MS67 would not be a surprise.

$ilverHawk

It's a beautiful Morgan. I would have no problem with it in a 66 holder. There are some visible ticks in the large images and what could be a hit on the end of the nose, but they are large images. The overall eye appeal carries the grade for me.