• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alright NGC... Ya know sometimes being a lil off is not a bad thing! ;0)~

11 posts in this topic

It's my first mint error for the new year as I can't resist near perfect modern proof goofs which are sliver as not a lot of pre 1965 silver proof errors exist.

Now it would have been nice if the coin wasn't perfectly centered as hiding MOST of the clip under the prong just isn't right on so many levels! ;)

auzdza.jpg

You should suggest that NGC produce a holder with the prongs at 12, 3, 6 & 9 o'clock as an option for coins of this nature. As a matter of fact, maybe they should consider designing a 3-pronged holder for coins with rim aberrations along a greater length of the perimeter.

Chris

Take a sonic toothbrush and touch the edge of the holder, the coin will rotate into a better location... If it rotates in the direction you don't want it to go, just flip the holder and the rotation will reverse.

Hey Broadstruck, just give NGC a call, they will make it right and usally will pay for shipping both ways, plus a freebie.. I know PCGS makes those mistakes also, but remember some like me says this same type of thing ATS and not allow to post there anymore.. Hummm!!

P.S. Nice error BroadOne... George

NGC, pm this guy and make his coin/submission right.. As he isn't one of those bad guys in this biz, he is a true coin collector and a friend? Hope it's all well for both..

BS - You didn't mention this one to me when we spoke today -

that's a neat error. Good speaking with you - hope the dinner

with the NJ Boys was good - Have not heard back from RLD14.