• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Cents posted by Texan's Coins

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Easy come, easy go...

So when I woke up this morning, the Lincoln cent roller coaster had gone back down the hill. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Time to look forward. I purchased 3 more Kennedy Proofs and an 1884-O Morgan for my collection. I'm also keeping my eye on an auction for a PF70 Lincoln Dollar. I hope to win that and get my collection up to date.

On another note, I find it hard to not stray with my collecting goals, especially when reading the great articles of a publication with the initials NN. I recently read a great article about Seated Liberty Dimes and how they are affordable to most collectors. With the Morgan series, I am getting a great start on a classical series. I started looking into the Seated Liberty Dimes (A beautiful coin) but had to stop myself, as to not spread myself too thin. Maybe once I get caught up with my Kennedy Proofs.

Until then, happy collecting everyone.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

I've read a few and that is what got me hooked in. I'm currently reading "A Guidebook to Morgan Silver Dollars" by Q. David Bowers. It's a great book, but I cried a little bit every time he mentioned Morgans being melted down. lol

This will be a long running set for me. Lots of coins to be had at low prices, but I know the keys are looming and they will take a big bite out of my budget. Oh well. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.