• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Cent issue posted by TPETERS

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I got a boatload of points!

Hello,

Just wanted to give my "Lincoln cents worth" about the point increases.

I gained 40,000 points with the point adjustment! I am happy about that but, I feel it is way overdone. I have thought that the points for the Lincoln's was a little low, but this is way overboard!

I do not really try for the points, but I try to collect high end coins and expect a fair scoring for the low pop coins. I paid next to nothing for some of my Lincoln's and I now have some that garner more points than than a few of my Roosevelt's that are a pop of 1 or 2!

Well, all in all, NGC tries to do an impossible job in trying to keep ALL of us collectors happy. Sometimes they win and sometimes they don't! Kudos to NGC for always trying to do what they can for us collectors!!

Be Well All,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Yeah, I've got to agree. It's thrown a lot of things out of kilter. I now have a hard time trying to justify the purchase of a 725 point FT Roosie when half that price would get me nearly 1200 points for a Red Cent.

NGC does do a excellent job with the point system. It's just that a change like this takes a little adjustment on the part of the collectors mindset.

Hoping everyone has a great day,

Phil