• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Roosevelt

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The ONLY 1 graded by NGC so far!

Good Evening All,

I picked up a nice coin today. I am trying to build a nice Roosevelt 46 - date set. I am always looking for the best I can afford.

I have been doing allot of research on what is available by NGC. I have had many opportunities to pick up PCGS coins to fill slots, but what can I say, this is a NGC Collectors Society so I try to stick with NGC certified coins. There are more, higher graded coins by PCGS which would make my set more competitive (currently 6th). But if the best NGC has to offer on a certain coin is MS67 then that is the coin I want. That is exactly the case with my new acquisition of today. I picked up a 1972P MS67 Roosevelt. It is the only one to date in that grade and none better!!

When I can do that for a reasonable price, more times than not I will get it. I paid a little more than FMV but it is worth the extra just for my pleasure of the singularity aspect. I have looked at the sets above me and for the most part they have PCGS coins in that year.

I do not impulse buy, but when I see something that fits what I want (and it is affordable) I have move on it or someone else will. "Should have, could have, might have" really does not have to happen. Don't get me wrong, I see a 100 coins that would be great additions but at $500 - $1500 a pop, it is not in my budget at this time.

Well that is enough rambling for now. Just wanted to share my latest and greatest purchase!! A 1 off coin. WOW!! Feels nice to say that!

I hope you all have at least 1 of these coins in your collection.

Be Well,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS