• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't it pretty obvious that TPGs should be non-profit organzations, and not...

93 posts in this topic

What it means is that many individuals in the numismatic community may invest in the shares of a TPG. The major players are as well as the public at large are looking to make profits from the stock prices. Sounds very above board to me.

What I find interesting is the innuendo in David Hall's statement. Exactlly what is his point?

"But I don't think everyone knows that the world's largest coin dealer owns 30% of a major grading service."

Care to disclose your ownship roster, David? What's the problem? Heritage doesn't want to buy Collectors Universe stock?

Weak and self serving post homerunhall.

Carl

aka $ilverHawk

"But I don't think everyone knows that the world's largest coin dealer owns 30% of a major grading service."

I also don't think everyone knows who submits the coins that end up in "David Hall Rare Coins" inventory, but is anybody asking? I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Heritage owns a sizable stake in NGC. How much NGC stock does David Hall own lol ?

It always irritates the heck out of me when a competitor makes implications like this suggesting that the public draw their own conclusions from it. Isn't this typical of a shyster who tries to make his own product look good by putting down the competition? Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that HRH is a shyster. I'm sure he is a wonderful human being, but you can draw your own conclusions from it.

Chris