• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSA Morgans

8 posts in this topic

You may want to try to get in touch with gsaguy on the PCGS boards. He doesn't care to spend his time posting on the NGC boards. He can tell you quite a bit about these coins and is a good guy.

Yes!

I have a few that I bought before prices started going up a couple of years ago. I bought them precisely because I knew that they hadn't been messed with!

I have most of them - missing the most expensive and hardest to find of course. I will say that prices for these have been climbing so fast in the past 2 yrs. that I have given up even looking for more of them. For now anyway.

The biggest problem that I see with GSA Morgans is that you will pay some very high premiums for certain dates simply because they are in the GSA holder. Before the recent big run up, very ordinary rather beat-up 1879-CC Morgan in a GSA holder could sell for as much as $2,000 more than the same grade coin in a NGC or PCGS slab. To me that that's kind of crazy.