• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since all the toner talk.....

17 posts in this topic

That spray paint looks great Lucy! wink.gif

John - I have a 1911 Lincoln that looks a lot like your 1919. I sent it in for grading once and it got BB'd for AT! I knew for a fact that it had been in a Whitman album for years. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hoot

I have three very nicely toned raw Lincolns that are somewhat similar to your coins, John. However, I think the surfaces on your coins are far superior to my three coins. At some point I will get pictures of them so that I can share them with you.

John - I have a 1911 Lincoln that looks a lot like your 1919. I sent it in for grading once and it got BB'd for AT! I knew for a fact that it had been in a Whitman album for years.

Hoot,

That's a shame. I also know for a fact that my 1919 is NT. When I bought it 6 or 7 years ago, it was in a PCGS holder graded MS-65 red, and it was FULL RED. I cracked it out and put it in a Dansco album with the rest of my Lincoln collection. I watched it slowly develop a nice iridescent green ring around the rim over 5 years or so. As for the 1927, it already had its beautiful pink tone when I bought it in a NGC holder graded MS-66.

Tom, The next time I see you I will have to bring them so you can see them in person. Believe me, my photos do not come close to showing the true colors on the two coins. Maybe you could bring your Lincolns also, as I would love to see them.

John

By the way Tom, regarding my 1919, I belive the only reason PCGS graded it MS-65 is because of the hit on the O of the word one on the reverse. It is the only mark on the entire coin.

425345-1919%20Lincoln%20rev.jpg

John

It may be your one and only, but it sure is nice. I would be proud to have it!

Oh yeah! I'll swap my Lincoln for that Buffalo in your avitar. heh

laugh.gif

jom