• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1928 20 Dollar Bill

5 posts in this topic

I have a 1928 20 dollar bill from the district 4 federal reserve bank in Cleveland, OH. I admit I know nothing about values and conditions of coin/bills. The picture I added is not a great one but this bill was circulated, but still in my opinion, in very good condition for one of this age. I see no "series" number and have had very little luck trying to value this thing. Any help is EXTREMELY apreciated. 155513_163936146976417_100000800989515_261394_2828654_s.jpg

hey there

the pic is really small it's hard to see the condition of the bill

the 1928 $20 GOLD CERT. are more valuable, but these with the green seal like yours are probably worth between $35-$60, depends on the condition. (more in very high grades).

Unless it is a star note (doesn't appear to be from the pic) or uncirculated, there is little value above face. But you might want to save it for its novelty.

It is not a gold certificate, in which case it would have value above face.

Hope this helps.

yes I realize the pic is small... but for 80 some years old its in great shape... no tears or anything... seems to me as if whoever had it had recently put it in circulation... I thank you all very greatly for your help... If anyone knows anyone else with any more answers or can elaborate further send them over here... I'm new to all of this and very much intrigued so the more info the better... THANK YOU folks!