• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

False Ads being run by R and I Coin posted by meatglazier

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

{ recently receiyed a monthly ad with one of my regestered sets.

While reading a recent Nov. BiMonthly letter I read a listing for my regestered 1952 Proof set. My first reaction was to check my safe to see if I had been robbed. I know my sets ranking ,to my relief my 52.s where safe. Wheh I contacted R and I .the staff informed me that they just used the regestry for a guide to compare the set they had for sale. I feel personally ripped off and do not think this was very professional for what is supposed to be a reputible company.

See more journals by meatglazier

Wow, I would have expected them to have asked for permission to do something like that. I totally understand the way you feel. I too would expect better from them, I've dealt with them on several occasions and have never had a problem. Maybe the person who I dealt with is no longer there? Who knows.

Good Morning, CS

I certainly understand your feelings on this, In my opinion,I think

what I would do is contact NGC,tell them what happened first! Then,

seeing as how, they took it upon themselves to do this? I think, I would ask

for some compensation ($) after all', they were benefiting themselves in some way doing this.

> So Good! But' I think now,,,it's time for them to cough-up a lil' appreciation,,,,

since they went over your head to do this in the 1st-Place (without) your approval....

I'm not really sure whats' the best way to handle this, to give you justice/satisfaction on all of this,,,except for what I mentioned earlier,,,'

NGC may be able to help you with this,,,,they are very good

in what they do here! Contact them first CS! write me,,,an' let me know how

things go,,,,ok? Good Luck! Jim/jb4gpo

{ recently receiyed a monthly ad with one of my regestered sets.

While reading a recent Nov. BiMonthly letter I read a listing for my regestered 1952 Proof set. My first reaction was to check my safe to see if I had been robbed. I know my sets ranking ,to my relief my 52.s where safe. Wheh I contacted R and I .the staff informed me that they just used the regestry for a guide to compare the set they had for sale. I feel personally ripped off and do not think this was very professional for what is supposed to be a reputible company.

See more journals by meatglazier

Did they use your images? If so, you have copyright rights to the photographs even if they weren't registered with the copyright office. This may be worth investigating.