• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iceland's 1940 Proof Coinage posted by Iskrona

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Re: Heart aches of coin collecting

Well my friends here at the collectors society I have finally found the 1940 proof set from Iceland that I was talking about last April when I wrote a journal entry about NGC grading a complete set of 1940 proof coins from Iceland and how I lost the bid on a seemlier set that was being auctioned off in Australia in July of 09 that sold for $2600.00 AUD and only to see that very same set being sold by Strand Coins (Who won the auction) in Australia for 15,000.00 dollars AUD. And then seeing that NGC graded a 1940 set from Iceland.....Boy did that make me depressed. Well that very same set that NGC graded came up for auction at Stacks last month and I won. Well to say the least I was so happy that it made me nerves because I was afraid that the internet bidding made a mistake because all the bids was not in yet because of delays....Well any why I got my invoice payed for the set and became a very very happy camper once again.

7976.JPG

See more journals by Iskrona

Really, NCS ,why would you get work done on these high grade coins. Are you sure they'll come back the same grades? Could they just have been sent in for the single coin holders without any work being done on them? Let us know how they turn out when they come back. Congrats on landing the set.

Really, NCS ,why would you get work done on these high grade coins. Are you sure they'll come back the same grades? Could they just have been sent in for the single coin holders without any work being done on them? Let us know how they turn out when they come back. Congrats on landing the set.

Thank You ....best2u and Medal1876Man

As I mentioned in the thread that there is a very thin layer of film on some of the coins and lint as well. with all the Icelandic proof coins from the period of 1946 to 1963 and well as business strikes coin from 1922 to 1942 I sent to NCS I was never disappointed at the results.

With these 1940 proof coins I'm not really worried about the grade,,,Its more important to me that the coins get the best treatment they can get to ensure they don't develop any problems in the future,,,,Being that there is only about 10 of each of these coins ever made ..give or take

I will post pictures of the coins when they get back ..Judgeing from the turn around time it would properly take about a month.

Thanks again