• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was Dazed and Confused Now Humbled but Complaining Still !! posted by J Lloyd Young

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Adding a non-NGC/PCGS coin to a Custom Set begs the question .....

Why bother at all ????

First...a big thank you to GHERRMANN44 for his help explaining that while you can add any coin to a CUSTOM set the kicker as he put it is that the coin and the information about it will not display ( kudos for his clever way of getting his to show though ).

Thats very disappointing to say the least . What REALLY irritates me is that even the owner of the coin can not easily look at / access the addition to the set . The ONLY way I can view details / pictures/ info on one 1874-H Canada quarter is to click EDIT in the Custom Set header . The coin does not even display in any way to the owner without going that extra step .

While you have added it and it is there ....it's almost like it does not exist . It certainly does not exist in any meaningful manner to the collector who could now easily forget it's there at all 'cause they can't see it !!!

Begging the question .....why does this feature exist at all if it's such a pain to even view your own information ?

While I can understand why the Creators perhaps did not want non-NGC and PCGS coins to display in public view ....would it not be a more interesting and compelling addition to Collection Manager if atleast the person who added it could easily see it in their own set ???

Perhaps someone at NGC will consider the above and make some changes ..................

In the meantime ....I am posting a picture of 3 Proof Ikes I dug up 4 weeks ago and grabbed this Sunday afternoon to ship to NGC as soon as I can afford to .....the PCI graded 1977-S looks the part at PR-69 DC the 73-S Clad and 73-S Silver will more likely come back PR-69's DC/UC but as they are a bit tougher dates worth the money to send away for inclusion in my Proof Ike Set .

Have a Great Week Folks !!!!

7960.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young