• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Protection

6 posts in this topic

I have a few nice coins that are ungraded and may remain that way but I do want to preserve them in their current state. Is Airtite Holders or Kointainers considered to be better for this or is there another type that is reasonably priced and as effective?

Airtites are great, as are 2x2 flips. Just as important is to invest four bucks in a can of air, and carefully blow all dust off the coin and out of the intended holder prior to placement.

Make sure the 2X2's aren't PVC which can cause damage to your coins.

Airtites are great, as are 2x2 flips. Just as important is to invest four bucks in a can of air, and carefully blow all dust off the coin and out of the intended holder prior to placement.

smart, important advice!! (thumbs u

after that put the raw coin in a kointain and then in a mylar 2x2 flip the best of the best

then as halfpint suggested store this flip with desiccant

then you got the best in protection for the raw coin

Hi J..!

I've wondered the same.. Not everybody can store their collection in a bank vault! Isn't the point of an... "Airtight"... is to prevent contamination from new airbourne contaminates.....

But I know that 2 X 2's and flips allow more air infiltration than airtights...

What about slabs.....someone should set up a poll!

Razor