• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Errors... Post em, if you got em?

49 posts in this topic

Double denomination, cent struck on a struck dime:

1c-2000-dbl_denom_10c.jpg

Counterbrockage, struck by a brockage piece, or, a coin struck by a coin struck by a struck coin:

1c-nd-counterbrockage.jpg

Indent, a coin partially struck through a second blank:

1c-nd-indent.jpg

Defective planchet:

1c-1963-defective_planchet.jpg

Partial brockage, a coin partially struck through an already struck coin:

1c-1990-partial_brockage.jpg

Here's a neat Trio of 1917 Cents...[ my Dad's birthyear ]

1917-PCentNGC35Errordual.jpg

1917-D NGC MS 64 RB " 20% OFF CENTER"

1917-DCentOffCenter.jpg

1917-S PCGS MS 63 BN "15% Off Center"

1917-SCentOffCenter.jpg

The D & S are from Broadstruck's collection.

wow, i never seen gold like that before. first time for everything i guess.

Really tough to locate as I have another Partial Tilted Collar Error $50 AGE in a PCGS MS69 holder, which needs to go into a Edge View holder to really see the error.

sava.jpg

2zrlrlx.jpg

Broadstuck, Great to see you posting over here! I lurk ATS but do not post over there.

Here are a couple of mine.

1967 Quarter Clip with tilted partial collar

IMG_1576.jpgIMG_1577.jpgIMG_1578.jpgIMG_1540.jpg

This one I found in pocket change, I am not quite sure what to call it but I am very sure that it is not PMD.

IMG_1702.jpgIMG_1701.jpg

I need to take pictures of the double clip war nickel I bought from Physicsfan.

I have other errors but they are just common stuff.

This is not a very dramatic error but it is interesting. I don't ever recall seeing an error on a High Relief before albeit a minor strike thru that is not all that noticeable in hand. Oddly if the error had been more "dramatic" I would have found it too distracting and would have never bought the coin? hm

1907-strike-thru.jpg

This is not a very dramatic error but it is interesting. I don't ever recall seeing an error on a High Relief before albeit a minor strike thru that is not all that noticeable in hand. Oddly if the error had been more "dramatic" I would have found it too distracting and would have never bought the coin? hm

1907-strike-thru.jpg

BOILER78, I've never seen a Strike Thru on a High Relief before either. Mint Errors on $20 Saints are non existent beyond strike throughs and a single example with a minor rim clip which is a $7.5K+ error. Fred Weinberg did mention he's seen some misaligned dies, yet I've never seen one in my hunts and researching. Hence I picked up the AGE errors.

Here's the seller's washed out image:

1889IHCDoubleStruckPCGSAU55exNGC61.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1891CentPCGS62BroadstruckOBV.jpg1891CentPCGS62BroadstruckREV.jpg