• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got new microscope today---pics

11 posts in this topic

I just got my new microscope today and wanted to take some pics. These were taken at 10x of a 1914-d Lincoln cent that has a planchet flaw on the reverse.

In full disclosure, I have this coin for sale on ebay, but please to not take this as a solicitation. 414178-1914-d.jpg414180-1914-d%20planchet%20flaw.jpg

It is a Digiscope 150. digiscope 150

I ordered it just before Christmas and it finally arrived 2 days ago. Almost as bad as the mint. smile.gif. Actually I called about two weeks ago and I think they said 30 were coming in and they had 17 on backorder. So they may still have some available. It is actually more like a child's toy than a scientic instrument but it seems to work very well and with the built in camera pictures are a snap.

It was interesting to me because I am accustomed to viewing slides of non-healthy human tissue. 893whatthe.gif

Hey, don't talk about me like that! 893whatthe.gif

Nice pictures there on the Lincoln. That seems to be a perfect set-up for taking shots of coins for authenticity...

jom

It is a Digiscope 150. digiscope 150

I ordered it just before Christmas and it finally arrived 2 days ago. Almost as bad as the mint. smile.gif. Actually I called about two weeks ago and I think they said 30 were coming in and they had 17 on backorder. So they may still have some available. It is actually more like a child's toy than a scientic instrument but it seems to work very well and with the built in camera pictures are a snap.

Perhaps 'pos'cgs should get one of those things so they can learn how to grade coins! 27_laughing.gif

Leo

Dave,

Just one question---can you use your own camera or do you have to use the one they provide with the microscope?

David

Actually the camera is separate from the microscope. The scope acts more like a tripod to hold the camera. You have to use the camera provided. There is a separate eyepiece when you dont want to use the camera. It is also portable. Imagine taking it to shows and pointing out all the hits on a coin when trying to negotiate price with a dealer. 27_laughing.gifinsane.gifshocked.gif