• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennedy Half Unc Rolls: Any interest? What, no help?????

4 posts in this topic

Friends,

I have two rolls of unc Kennedy halves: 1976 D (only 19 coins) and 1981 D (all 20). I picked this up from the bank when I was a kid, but I really don't want to hold on to them any longer. The coins are all nice examples without spots, stains, or toning. Should I try to sell these on Ebay? Is it worth the effort?

Thanks!

V/R,

Mike

Bump...does anyone have an opinion on this? If it doesn't make sense to find someone who wants them, I will just spend them...

You won't find a lot of interest in these dates. They are both scarce if high grade but the rolls of quite common. The '76 is probably eclipsed only by the '64 in numbers of coins saved and the '81 was the highest production of all the mint sets. Most Kennedy coins were fairly well preserved simply because there have long been lots of collectors for these. Wholesale prices on these two is low.

In the most unlikely event that there are gem coins then slabbing might be indicated. Otherwise you'd probably be best off just saving any choice examples and spending the rest. The '81 roll has wholesaled as high as $16, but for a single roll it would be a lot of work.

It's a shame that you didn't save any '82 or '83 rolls. I graduated high school in 1983. If only I had bought P & D quarter rolls back then. Whew! That would have been a nice investment.