• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why, heck, 7 months ain't bad...

6 posts in this topic

...for the US Mint to fill an order. mad.gif I just received the Elk silver medal yesterday. The Canvass Duck is supposedly due out next in March.

I had also put in a change of address with the Mint before I left Washington state, yet it had to be forwarded to my new address. Oh well, too bad, so sad.

I also recently received the elk. Glad I finally got it. I have heard that they have had great difficulty with the technology of the laser texturing of the die devices. When in doubt, perhaps they should do it the proven older ways?

Hoot

Glen,

Did you get the elk, yet? Interesting about the duck being sent already. Anyone have any idea about the price in the secondary market for the set?

Glen,

Did you get the elk, yet? Interesting about the duck being sent already. Anyone have any idea about the price in the secondary market for the set?

A quick check on ebay reveals they are all in the $50 to $80 range. Not a bad profit. These medals were made for profit on the secondary market with their low mintage and the Mint's allowance to buy many subscriptions on one order. I think they are neat looking, but I didnt purchase any. I just couldnt talk myself into buying a "medal".

popcorn.gif

Thanks. I was just curious. I dabble a little in medals but thought that this program was unique. Some medals are pretty cool. I have an 1876 centenial medal that is very nice with Liberty on the obverse.