• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting frenzy posted by Steve kilbey

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Live and learn

I had purchased a few coins from a local comic book store and being new to collecting i was in a frenzy and still am to be honest about it, anyway mu first purchase was a decent one i think.

It was a 1996 silver eagle, and a really nice one at that, which i havent been graded yet but it should bring ms66 or 67 or so for $55.00 not too bad for a beginner!

But the next coin i got took on. The lable said 1980-O but after i scrached the price sticker away from the date it revealed the true date of 1988-O, mad at first

i was steamed to say the least but it is a realllly nice coin so i took the hit and kept the coin, it will be worth it in the long run.

The third and the last coin i got from that place is a ms65 1901-O graded by a company that wound up in trouble for selling over graded morgans to phone sales companies the co's name is IGA Inc. It was graded on oct. 26,1985 and i picked it up for $55.00 and is in a hamilton mint case. I wonder if that would make it worth more because of the history of the illegal background of company that produced those sets. I will add pics when i figure out how.

See more journals by Steve kilbey