• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 W American Eagle Reverse of 2007 Error with COA

24 posts in this topic

These are the rare errors you need to finish your collection...Limited mint error...The price is 400.00 each..I have 3 available...Price will include Shipping and handling..I will take a check, moneyorder, and paypal

100558.jpg.99f469f17e3faaea8932608d407515e9.jpg

100559.jpg.cfa7a5eb738b25522ca90e3cd2e3870a.jpg

what is the easiest best way to make a determination if you got a 2008w american eagle and want to confirm if you got this error or not?

Paul, no offense, but if you expect anyone to judge that the coin in question is a 2008 rev of 2007 from the pictures you have above, I would have to question that highly. Unless there are pictures that I can't see. But the ones up top are very small.

Anyone that knows me in the registery,knows that i play games .. I am a serious collector. Another eagle just fell off at 416.00 total..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110553770569&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That is what coindude is trying to say. What about those of us that don't know you? And what kinds of games do you play????? I like scrabble, bridge, and solitaire. :grin:

Spades is a terrific card game. Next time I am in LA I will look you up :)

That coin to me is worth melt.. I can care less if a letter or two are different.. If a person that owns a few like I did once, sell them and buy that Yellar stuff,, Gold will hold value better in the long run.... Boy what some people will do to own Modern Junklets..

That coin to me is worth melt.. I can care less if a letter or two are different.. If a person that owns a few like I did once, sell them and buy that Yellar stuff,, Gold will hold value better in the long run.... Boy what some people will do to own Modern Junklets..

I have a set of both ASE in Proof and UNC. They are all MS69 or PF 69. I dont have this 2008 Reverse and think that it is over rated. Werent they about $700.00 at one time?

I have a few limited mintage Modern Commoratives that have a retail value of much more then I paid for them. I also have the 2006 Anniversary of the ASE that I purchased from the U.S. Mint cheap because of the Reverse Proof that was in the set of three.The Reverse proof to me would be more important then this 2008 Reverse.

I collect the Morgans both for the Siver content and the intrinsic value.

what is the easiest best way to make a determination if you got a 2008w american eagle and want to confirm if you got this error or not?

Link

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Collector Kiraly knows thers are errors.In 2008 the mint Changed the design of the silver eagles.When they were changing over the new dies , 3 dies were overlooked..The mint started pumping ot silver eagles from 15 presses.Well after 2 day the erro was discovered..The mint halted production and started searching through all the boxes to find the errors .Only about 15,000 made it out.The ones that were found in the mint were melted back down..these prices are picking up evey month

I will have to disagerr with you.When these first came out ,dealers and sellers were selling these coins between 200.000-260.00 In quanity,then after a while they took off. THey settled down last year, now they are going up slowley buy surely. It is a key coin to have in yor set. just like the 1995 W Eagle...As time goes on,it will keep going up...there is not enough of them to go around...

Both PCGS and NGC attribute this variety as "Reverse of 2007".

Shortly after the discovery of the coin, the US Mint estimated that approximately 47,000 of the variety may have been released. This estimate was based on the fact that West Point Mint employees found 15 dies with the reverse type of 2007.

silver eagle guide . com

I don't think I'd compare it to the 95W. That was an entirely different set of circumstances. I'll take the 2006W Inaugural Issue any day over the 2008/2007 Reverse.

Chris

Last I read, around 50,000 of these coins are estimated to exist....
Stop arguing with Paul!!! He is a Master Collector!! Although, I have to admit, I'm in the "it's a transitional piece" and "not an error" camp. An off center or double struck is an error.