• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting find

9 posts in this topic

My Fiancés son came home this afternoon and asked if I wanted to see a coin he found on the ground in a local supermarket. It was a 1927 D Peace dollar. This was probably a coin someone carried around that fell out of their pocket.

That is definitely a cool find.

I had an interesting, rather strange find myself recently. I bought a "new" pair of jeans from a large online retailer and after trying them on I was folding them back up when something fell out of one of the pockets and did that distinctive "silver sound" when it hit the floor. Turns out it was a 2009 Silver Eagle. Seems like it had been put through the wash, so my best guess is that someone else purchased the jeans and had the ASE as a pocket piece but decided to return the jeans after a few days of wear. I guess I should have been a little ticked that I bought used "new" jeans, but I did get a free ounce of silver. I exchanged that pair of jeans for a different size, but no luck on the next pair haha.

I would put up a sign at the supermarket and see if anybody lost a treasured pocket piece.

If so take a day at local shop or show and pick up a new '27 for the honest young man.

I would put up a sign at the supermarket and see if anybody lost a treasured pocket piece.

If so take a day at local shop or show and pick up a new '27 for the honest young man.

Be sure not to give away the date and type of coin! Else there will be quite a few claiming it. Make then identify it if you return it.

MM

The supermarket is 50 miles from home.

He was visiting his Father and Grandfather.

He is an adult so it is his decision on what to do with the coin.