• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT or NT? Grade?

17 posts in this topic

I'm not going to venture a guess on the toning or the grade but that's a pretty wild looking coin. The first thought that came to my mind was Van Gogh's painting Starry Night.

Shadow foxing and ink overspray. 9.0?

Is that nail polish on it?

Good one, you nailed it! Nail polish 9.0 it was... (Photoshop 4.1)

Seriously, the date and mintmark were covered up to protect the seller. Do you think this is AT or NT? Grade?

I apologize, I thought you posted on the wrong boards.

Actually I was on the wrong board. My fault and good

luck with getting responses from someone who knows coins.

AT net AU. Nice strike. Too bad some one thought they needed to add color.

$ilverHawk

You would "net" it to AU? I think it has AU50-53 details. But wouldn't it "net" to VF30-35 due to the AT?

I think he was seeing it as an unc piece. I would give it AU details for AT myself. I am not quite proficiant on figuring out net grading yet so I will refrain from trying to figure a net grade out lol

Too bad some one thought they needed to add color.

$ilverHawk

They added color to hide scratches or a harsh cleaning, look to the right of Liberty.

AU details, but blatant AT. When I see coins chemically ruined to that extent, there's almost always a reason why - usually because of some surface alteration that's being covered up.

Not sure that this was "nice" prior to the enhanced coloration (trying to be PC here lol) because of scratches, and probably a blast white dip.

So could this be the result of a Taco Bell experiment? hm