• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1895 S and 1897 O Morgans ; Grade

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

1895 S and 1897 O Morgans.

What grade they are? How much they are worth...about?

Thanks

1) 1895 S One Dollar

1895SOneDollarReverse.jpg

1895SOneDollarAverse.jpg

2) 1897 O One Dollar

1897OOneDollarAverse.jpg

1897OOneDollarReverse.jpg

IMO the 1895-S grades G-4. The 1897-O grades F-12. $45.00 and $25.00 respectively.

$ilverHawk

Harsh on that 95! Isn't the 95-S a key date? Numismedia, PCGS, and Redbook list it @ $300+ in G-04 and around $400 in VG-08.

My gut was VG-08 and F-12 respectively

You are correct. Don't know what I was thinkin on the 95-S valuation.

Haha! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy!

Hello,

1895 S and 1897 O Morgans.

What grade they are? How much they are worth...about?

Thanks

1) 1895 S One Dollar

1895SOneDollarReverse.jpg

1895SOneDollarAverse.jpg

2) 1897 O One Dollar

1897OOneDollarAverse.jpg

1897OOneDollarReverse.jpg

95-s ag3++ retail $350 and i would think the coin would sell quick as it is a decent eye appealling and nice surfaced original coin from the photo only!!

97-o vg 10++ $18

and welcome to the boards hope you have some fun on here!

Thank you all. I just have 10 old coins at this time, so im just trying to know better what i have. I still not decided or I will keep them, or sell. Im not in hurry to sell them, but i dont have enough resourses to become a numismatic too :-D

I hope to stay here for a while!

great hpe to see you on here again

all the coins you posted so far in my opinion have a fundemential reason to rise in value/demand over the long term so if you dont need the money currently i would keep them as a good hedge

The 1895-S grades Good. The Gray Sheet only goes down to VG where the 1895-S has a value of $375. I think the 1895-S is worth about $250.

The 1897-O grades VG-10. The Gray Sheet says $17, but it's the kind of coin you will find in a large dealer's (e.g. JJ Teaparty) circ silver dollar box for a bit less.

Thanks guys, for replys. Now im trying to research this forum and eat as much info as i can.

Its a little bit hard, because english is not my native language, but im trying.

Nice 95-s.Very hard to find and pricey in any grade.The 97-O is very common and readily available in grades up to AU 50. After that the cost goes crazy.In MS 60 it's about $750.00