• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1890 cc $20 and 1910 $10 for grading.

5 posts in this topic

Hello, i have 1890 cc $20 and 1910 $10. What grades would you give for them?

Thanks

1) 1890 cc twenty dollars

1890cctwentydollarsaverseR.jpg

1890cctwentydollarsreverseR.jpg

2) 1910 Ten Dollars

1910TenDollarsaverseR.jpg

1910TenDollarsreverse2R.jpg

1910TenDollarsreverseR.jpg

VF-30-35, but the color seems way off (may just be flash)

AU details, looks like potentially altered surfaces

JMHO, and it may just be the lighting playing tricks on me.

Welcome to the boards

XF-something and AU-something respectively.

james is right on

now sight seen might be different if there are any hidden cleaning or other determents in getting the coin in a graded holder and not

xf details and au details

coins that are say xf details means the coin cant be graded due to some past damage to the coin so ngc would say xf details cleaned, damaged . scratched etc.

and remember this is all subjective opinions

as many coins are cracked out of the holders and they go back and get higher or lower grades

i had a coin my friend sent it he broke out of the holder as he thought it was higher in grade and it came back questionable authenticity grading fee refunded lol

i looked at the coin after it came back and it was in my opinion a clever not geniune coin lol

and remember since he broke it out of the graded holder he had no recourse

such is the grading game

and of course i like the photos of both coins and again i agree with xf something for the 20 dollars cc and au something for the ten indian

but without seeing the coins in hand sight seen

we cant tell on here if there are other hidden problems or hairlines that would preclude a straight xf 40 45 au 50 53 55 58 grade and just net out in a holder xf or au details with of course some wording after the details grade telling of the problem

so again if ngc thinks the coin grades xf and is problem free market acceptable

then they put xf 40 or xf 45 on holder

same with the au grade

au 50 53 55 58

say they think the coin is not market acceptable as both are too badly hairlined under a lamp

then they put xf details cleaned but with one word you really dont know exactly what is wrong

now if you think you are confused now then you are not alone!

i have seen xf details coins get broken out of the holder and come back as a regular au 50 grade!

go figure

i have seen au55 coins grade and the person thinks the coin is higher grade they crqack the coin and it comes back au details scratched

go figure

it is all a highly subjective opinion

last example someone on the pcgs boards a few years ago buys i think a 1960's d franklin half thaT IS RARE GRADED in ms 66 fbl

he pays 6 dollars for the coin rsw at a show

sends the coin in it becomes a pop top ms 66 fbl pop one finest and sells it to a registry collector for 12k

break this coin out of this holder and it becomes a 10 dollar coin again

send it back in and lets assume they graded it a lower grade fbl or non fbl not it is a 150 dollar coin

lol

the power of plastic