• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Good to be True posted by Richard Edward Schram

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The things kids do....

This one is toooo good not to pass on. I was just looking through my Indian Head Cents, and remembered a funny story. I work out of town alot and have never had a lock on my home office door. Didn't think I needed on right? WRONG! I had just been to the big Money Show in Houston and had my wares scattered all over my desk when my wife calls me from the grocery store. She says "I just got a funny looking penny like the ones you are always showing me...(my wife has no appreciation for a fine numismatic specimen). I get back a week or so later and my desk looked like it was ransacked by thieves. I asked her about the penny she found and she went to retrieve it. Low and behold it is a mint state 1869 indian head! It has a spot on it right where mine did! I do some quick searching and discover I can not find mine anywhere. I compare photographs of MY coin with the new one....yep. exact match. I ranted and raved for awhile and started thinking about what else was missing. Unfortunately, I am still logging in all my coins. Who nows what other goodies turned up in the coin star machine....