• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1910-s $5 Indian

6 posts in this topic

I know this isn`t the best scans,but any input on grade would be much appreciated. Also,in trying to compare this to other coins,I found that the "s" mintmark was very sharp and distinct. Does this add to the value?

1m23q.jpg

14tq1yp.jpg

Scans are the worst way to grade coins. It looks sharp and clean, but you can't assign a realistic number to a scan. Try taking some photos and posting those. If I had to put a number I'd give a cushion of AU details to no higher than MS-63

The 1910-S is a better date in the MS grades. However, posting images of the coin sideways makes it mighty hard to either grade or authenticate since folks are used to looking at coins in a more vertical, head on manner. These are heavily counterfeited so I would suggest if you believe you have an MS piece that you get it certified.

I have a problem with this coin and suggest you have it certified as I do not think it is authentic. This coin is know for a great strike, the mint mark unlike many other S mint Eagles is usually strong . However this S on this coin is to sharp and to high . It is to close to the three leafs. A genuine 1910 –S has more space between the leaf and the top on the S .