• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade? Worth? 1901 $5 Liberty Gold

16 posts in this topic

If genuine, it appears mint state. The bullion value alone is about $280, but again if mint state it would be worth about $400 or perhaps more.

this is just based on the photo sight seen could be different

and from the photo it looks ms 63 and problem free

lets assume you send this coin to ngc

say it comes back from ngc as ms 63

then you got a coin worth approx. $635 assuming it gets into an ngc ms 63 holder

good luck with it and welcome to the boards

decent coin by the way (thumbs u

Get this coin graded, assuming there are no issues with the coin ( I can not see any based on the photos ) this coin looks to be MS 63 .

Easily MS62 and possibly MS63.

It will look incredible in a new NGC Edgeholder. So nice in fact that you may not want to sell it after all.

But if you do NGC graded coins get top dollar on eBay.

I'd grade it as a nice MS-63 with strong luster. The current Gray Sheet bid is $750, but you would have get it into an NGC or PCGS MS-63 holder to have a chance to get that kind of money for it.

This coin appears to fall right between the 62 and 63 grade which makes a difference in price. i have seen similar pieces of this quality fall either way. send it in to be graded and hope for a 63 grade. The chatter marks below in god we trust might nudge it into a 62 holder.

If CCGS says MS 65 I take back the MS 63 grade and lower it to no better then MS 61 and it probably has issues.

CCGS is not a TPG they are a Basement slabber.

You did not inherit this coin it is for sale on EBAY :

EBAY item # 170480069051

Why would you lie and say it was inherited ??

Do you think any of us would try to buy this coin after you posted here ??

If CCGS says MS 65 I take back the MS 63 grade and lower it to no better then MS 61 and it probably has issues.

CCGS is not a TPG they are a Basement slabber.

You did not inherit this coin it is for sale on EBAY :

EBAY item # 170480069051

Why would you lie and say it was inherited ??

Do you think any of us would try to buy this coin after you posted here ??

Oops........

Linkified

I've monitored this seller, anything from "Eternity Coins" has issues. Look at the listings, high valued coins with BIN prices ten times the starting bid? Give me a break.

Stay away, stay very far away.

To the OP. You got burnt. Be a man and don't try and push off your bad buy on someone. Cowboy up and learn the lesson.

$ilverHawk

I inherited this and would like to sell just trying to figure out if it is worth anything

If you want to send me the coin, I'll re-evaluate it for you for free. PM me if you are interested.