• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

9 posts in this topic

Sorry, I've been busy lately and don't have anything photographed and ready to go. Greg picked up some neat stuff recently maybe he can post some.

How about some of that Mexican Revolution stuff you like, Truth?

-JamminJ

There's this small coin dealer on the Central Coast that is buying a deal of Mexico with some high grade revolutionary pieces. He says it will be ready for sale by Friday. I'm kind of excited since this is a fresh deal.

Back to sleepy time. sleeping.gif

TRUTH

I wish I had stayed asleep today mad.gif Late last week I managed to find a certain columnario I wanted - on the Gilboy rarity scale an R 3 coin - 11 - 25 known. Slabbed by ANACS yet.

So today - I accessed ebay - even while at work - something I never do. There I sat patiently waiting for the clock to tick down. Knowing I was using dial up access and had to time it all just right or get blown away - I finally hit the enter key.

My bid got through - 2 seconds before time expired. I had bid extra high - well over the current bid. So I fully expected to win. But what did I see when the screen loaded up ? You guessed it - You have been outbid by another bidder.

893whatthe.gif %^$@#@*^&%#&*

It seems I was not the only one to find this coin who actually knew what it was. And when did this other bidder enter his bid ? Why with 5 seconds to go of course ( while I was making mine ). And by how much do you suppose he beat me by ? Well just say it was a small enough amount that I DON'T EVEN WANNA TALK ABOUT IT !!

God I hate it when that happens tonofbricks.gif

Here I thought I was gonna really have a coin to post about. So go on back to sleep truth. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear of your disappointing result, GDJMSP. Maybe you should consider a sniping program for when you really want to win an auction.

-JamminJ

And by how much do you suppose he beat me by ? Well just say it was a small enough amount that I DON'T EVEN WANNA TALK ABOUT IT !!
Actually, you don't know how much he could have beat you by. Automatic bidding puts the high bidder one increment above the second bidder, no matter how high the top bidder has actually authorized. Second bidder manbidding.gifalways sets the price.

Yeah - except his bid came in 3 seconds ahead of mine.
So when it came in, it showed up as something less than yours, and your bid then bumped it up to one increment higher than you had set. That might have been his max, or he might have put in a silly-money max of double what yours turned out to be. Second bidder always sets the final price whether it's a live auction, a mail-in, an internet, or any other kind you could imagine.