• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love my shield's and an auction with no cherry pickers

9 posts in this topic

Hi all another couple of shields added to my collection ... both for pennys at my local auction

1st a 1868

18680.jpg

check out the DD on this one .. i have not found it at the moment (not in the books) I will have to look in my SNV for this one I think ?

1868cu.jpg

and just to add to it it has a reverse hub IIB with a FS # 002.94 Variety 1 Broken C

dont you just love this game ?

1868IIB.jpg

Oh! i forgot to mention Full stars to boot.

the 2nd is a very nice untouched 1883 with some very nice die cracks

1883-1.jpg

and yet again a set of full stars and a nice thick rim.

1883r-1.jpg

hope you liked the pictures and happy hunting

Whoof mate .. nice PL mate i have non in my collection "yet"

don't get bitten by the shield bug .. I don't want any competition .. saying that uk Ebay has been devoid of anything of interest for a while now .. guess they are all back in the USA now.

........and just to add to it it has a reverse hub IIB with a FS # 002.94 Variety 1 Broken C

dont you just love this game ?

1868IIB.jpg

Dooly, that isn't a broken "C". That's an adjustment mark. When they learned it was going across the pond, they took some of it back.

Chris

Your 1868 is not a doubled die. Dates were punched into working dies by hand for the shield nickel series, so doubling on the date can never be a doubled die (because the doubling happens AFTER the hubbing process).

What you have is a repunched date (RPD). Still desirable, but it's important to understand what you have!

Nice coins!

Your 1868 is not a doubled die. Dates were punched into working dies by hand for the shield nickel series, so doubling on the date can never be a doubled die (because the doubling happens AFTER the hubbing process).

What you have is a repunched date (RPD). Still desirable, but it's important to understand what you have!

Nice coins!

Scooby Doo didn't know that!

Thanks, Skippy.

Chris

Nice coins!

Sorry skippy been out of the shields of late yep RPD :tonofbricks: stupid boy pike !!