• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't Know Why I Waited So Long to Join the NGC Forum!

83 posts in this topic

That is really incredible. Thanks for the explanation, Charmy. Perhaps we'll get a chance to meet at FUN, and I hope you bring the 1999 - 9 Planchet Error with you. Honestly, I would probably get confused with so many 9's. ???

Chris

I remember seeing that 9 planchet at FUN a couple of months ago, and was well impressed with it. Quite a unique piece of work.

I wish you had mentioned it then. I would have liked to see it.

Chris

Nice to see you on the NGC forums. I talked with you at the ANA this weekend, but doubtful you will remember as I did not mention I was on the forums. I was the one on Saturday who had a full book of lincolns to sell. Anyhow nice to see you here.

Nice to see you on the NGC forums. I talked with you at the ANA this weekend, but doubtful you will remember as I did not mention I was on the forums. I was the one on Saturday who had a full book of lincolns to sell. Anyhow nice to see you here.

I do remember you, and remember you had a very nice Lincoln set with good quality key dates. I appreciate your stopping by and hope you were able to sell your set at the show.

For those of you interested, I will have the 9 planchet error at my next shows in Santa Clara and San Francisco in a couple weeks, and possibly at the Central States show in Milwaukee at the end of the month.

I did sell it and P.S. Your link to your site is broken. Nice to have you on this side of the street.

Thank you, I noticed it right after I posted this thread and fixed it in my profile but the repair didn't carry over to this thread for some reason.

A warm welcome Mike and I hope you enjoy your time here, Just make sure to keep an watchfull eye for a couple of vermin.roaming these parts......MJ

I remember seeing that 9 planchet at FUN a couple of months ago, and was well impressed with it. Quite a unique piece of work.

I wish you had mentioned it then. I would have liked to see it.

Chris

If I recall, Charmy's table at FUN was waaaaay back in the back corner. I think I saw it very last, right before I left.

600_1909-S_VDB_NGC_MS64_RB.jpg

600_1914-D_NGC_MS64_BN_Toned.jpg

600_1926-S_NGC_MS64_BN.jpg

600_1955-55_DDO_NGC_MS64_BN.jpg

600_Conder_Token_1796_Spence_s_Cat_and_Dog_NGC_MS63_BN.jpg600_Conder_Token_1794_Buckinghampshire_Slough_Red_Lion_NGC_MS66_BN.jpg

I have a question for you, Charmy.

Do you like the NGC EdgeView holder for the cents?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, and trust me when I say that NGC is very good about allowing us the freedom to discuss, both, positive and negative aspects of their services without fear of "retaliation".

Personally, I like the EdgeView for the larger, silver or clad, coins such as the dollars and half dollars, but the smaller coins, particularly the copper ones, just don't look good to me with the white tabs on the rim. It's kind of distracting.

While I'm at it, can you answer a general question about Lincoln cent errors? I noticed in the CPG that there is only one listing (1983) for a clashed die. I have about 100 - 1980 Lincoln's with a clashed "Y" on the reverse between the 2nd & 3rd Memorial columns on the left. Would there be any premium associated with these?

Thanks!

Chris

Penny Lady

Here is a few Lincolns that I just got graded, I bought them all raw.

19831C30NGC.jpg

19831CCappedNGC.jpg

19831CDoubleNGC.jpg

This one was already graded, it caught my eye and I just need to get it!!

1999C.jpg

1999Lincoln.jpg1999LincolnB.jpg

Schatzy, those are some very nice error cents, and it looks like you did very well with the grades. Thanks for sharing those.

CPM, I personally really like the Edgeview holders. In my opinion, the edge of a coin is almost as important to examine as the obv and rev. Viewing the edge of a coin can help you detect counterfeits, and the Edgeview holders allow you to see if there are any dents, corrosion or scratches on the rim easier than regular holders.

And as you said, Edgeview holders allow you to see any lettering on the rim, which many Conder tokens have.

And in my opinion, minor errors like what you mention on the 1980 really don't bring much of a premium. It's usually the errors or variety that are more pronounced and easily seen or extremely rare that most collectors are willing to pay a premium for.

Yep! Jaime's 1999 broadstrike would look real nice next to that 9-planchet error. So, who is going to sell to whom? :roflmao:

I've been giving the 1980 Clashed "Y" away as gifts. It's a relief to know that I wasn't "giving away the farm". :insane:

Chris

Yep! Jaime's 1999 broadstrike would look real nice next to that 9-planchet error. So, who is going to sell to whom? :roflmao:

I've been giving the 1980 Clashed "Y" away as gifts. It's a relief to know that I wasn't "giving away the farm". :insane:

Chris

Believe me, I have received lots of offers for it, but my 9 planchet error isn't going ANYWHERE!!! I even picked up a nice 2 planchet error this weekend from Fred Weinberg, and it's not going anywhere either!

Charmy..... WTB and I love your coppers and your photography of them. We have done business in the past and was quite pleasant. Here is a couple of IHC proofs in your honor.

NGC 1886 Type 2 PF65BN*

1741984-011O1-1.jpg

1741984-011R1-1.jpg

361558-001O1.jpg

361558-001R1.jpg

21508025O1.jpg

2506867-001O1.jpg

The name is different, but you should recognize the "face" ;) Welcome! I lurk here even more than I do the "other places" :) Personally, I like your stories more than your coins, but that's only because I do not have anything as nice in my own collection. :P Enjoy your stay here!

Thanks Dean for posting the pretty proofs, they are really beautiful! And SMS, I'm not recognizing the "face," can you tell me where we've "met"?

Yarm, thanks for the heads up on the World forum, I'll check it out!

And SMS, I'm not recognizing the "face," can you tell me where we've "met"?

I've been fairly quiet for the most part everywhere for the past months on end. Been quite busy with too many things. I'm a resident lurker at CT. SMS is my handle when I first started using internet resources for numismatics. I've been using NPCoin for the past four years. I do not post much because I like my posts to be meaningful and to topic.

I do not like to artificially raise my post counts with one-word/one-line posts like: "Right on!", "Way to go!", "I agree!", and stuff like that...not that there's anything wrong with it... :kidaround:

I also have this habit of rambling or expounding the simplest of points. A simple answer can well extend into a three or four paragraphs, if not a full short story.

Anyway, I'll enjoy reading your posts!

Hey there, Charmy! Welcome to another place to talk about cool stuff! Glad to see you here as evidenced by the grin on my face.

wildmancloseup.jpg