• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Pickup for Type Set - 1901 Liberty Head Eagle

5 posts in this topic

Well, I really did not expect to win this coin at auction, but I did. MS-62. The photos I think may have been doctored a teensy bit 'cause there are two specks of dirt on the reverse around which toning has started that did not show up in the photos (the toning spots did, the specs of dirt didn't). I think the coin could use a quick dip, but I'm not dipping a $1k slabbed coin.

1901_MS62_large.jpg

$1K? That is a little steep for one of those.. $700-750 would be more appropriate.

Nice coin though...

$1K? That is a little steep for one of those.. $700-750 would be more appropriate.

Nice coin though...

Well, yes, and that's what I paid. The price I was quoting from the last few months of Heritage auction realized prices. That's what I generally use as a figure for my prices. Though even the usually inflated PCGS price guide is now saying $880, so looks like I may need to revise that on the insurance list.