• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with (2) 1914-D cents

5 posts in this topic

The pictures make it hard to see the wheat ear detail which one of the major grading points for these coins.

From what I can see I'd call the first one Fine-VF-15 and the second one a VG-7.

If the red spot on the top of Lincoln's head on the first one is in fact on the coin, that could be a red corrosion spot, which would be a negative. If it is a corrosion spot that would take it down to the VG level.

VF-30

F-12

I don't see what people are knocking so harshly on these for. The pictures are a bit small, but they look perfectly acceptable to me.

A Lincoln cent needs to have complete wheat lines in order to be a VF-30. From the picture, I think that the wheat lines are complete on the right side of the first coin, but I can't see them at all on the left side. They might very well be there, but you can't see them in the picture. It's also hard to see the lines for the second coin.

That's why I posted that the pictures made it hard to grade these coins.