• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned 84o Morgan

9 posts in this topic

MS-61, but the toning is questionable, I believe.

The reverse toning looks strangely similar to the Tid-E-Bowl toning.

Chris

Not Tid-E-Bowl, Tidy House :)....

Here's another pic of the pair in their degrading cardboard holders....

I know, but Tid-E-Bowl is another one, and I commented that your reverse looks a little similar.

Chris

94998.jpg.f589251909b3bcd32b393811bbcfb588.jpg

94999.jpg.8947d0675ea0a886c85518f34e2a8d0f.jpg

Chris,

This may be where the "tid-e-bowl" term originated, as the coins were given out by Tidy House Products??? (Anyone care to jump in here?) In full spectrum/natural light, this coin has a wild iridescent blue color on the darkest parts of the coin (bottom rim of rev and 3/4ths of the obverse edge), transitioning to magenta, pink, and finally a light gold/honey color. A very neat coin to move around and see what colors/shades appear...

Chris,

This may be where the "tid-e-bowl" term originated, as the coins were given out by Tidy House Products??? (Anyone care to jump in here?) In full spectrum/natural light, this coin has a wild iridescent blue color on the darkest parts of the coin (bottom rim of rev and 3/4ths of the obverse edge), transitioning to magenta, pink, and finally a light gold/honey color. A very neat coin to move around and see what colors/shades appear...

I've seen a heck of alot of Tidy House Morgans,but never head a Tidy?Tid-E-Bowl 'til today? Also,plenty of similar slabs from banks all over the country. Some have incredible and similar toning.Many are butt ugly.