• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned 83p Morgan

12 posts in this topic

seems to be really eye appealling and neatly toned

for me i see slight rub

so between the two i grade this coin au-64

with slight rub/friction but nicely toned and mark free, attractive surfaces

These Tidy House Morgans have quite a following.

Okay, someone please fill me in on Tidy House. I don't know anything about it or the Morgans that were available in their cardboard holder.

Chris

Tidy House Products was a household cleaning supply company (later purchased by Pillsbury) who gave away silver dollars from the treasury hoard/release in cardboard holders as a promotion. As the cardboard broke down with time, the coins would tone, often intensely. Both of the ones I posted tonight were from these holders... It appears the coins given out were mostly common date and mostly ms63/64 coins, but often the toning is very vibrant/attractive...

Are these the same as the Tidy Bowl coins? I've never heard them called Tidy House.

I was curious about that, too, except the Tid-E-Bowl coins were noted for the irridescent blue around the perimeter and mostly golden honey centers.

Chris

Jab Indeed, This coin does not fit that profile. However, the other coin I posted from the exact same type of holder actually does fit this very well in natural sunlight - It's almost unreal, but strangely attractive. I guess a half century in a deteriorating printed cardboard holder can have a varied impact... Go figure...