• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1871 Seated Half from circulation

9 posts in this topic

Hey

What does this coin grade? What is it worth? It looks to be in really good condition to me. It does have a few marks on it though. I pulled this out of a role of half dollars today. The halves came from a really small town with only one bank. There is no telling how long this has been in that bank. I was very excited. I've never found anything older than a Ben.

Thanks for looking

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

I grade the coin VF30 details, retail value on one of these in VF 30 without a details grade is about $70 . The fact that you found this in a bank roll of half’s is priceless !!

Pretty amazing find, don't know anyone who has found any seated coinage in circulation ever, even when I was a kid in the 60's never found anything older then a Indian Head penny or really worn barber dime. would say the coin would grade out at VF 35 with some problems