• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1983 no-S proof set - dead money or good investment?

3 posts in this topic

A recent visit to my safe deposit box reminded me that a put a few of these 1983 no-s dime proof sets (in govt packaging) away a few years ago. What does the board think of these regarding future price moves? Second, will PCGS or NGC grade these without removing from the packaging, similar to what they do for the GSA dollars?

Thanks.

I think that the sets have reached their maximum potential. I would sell them in six months when (presumably) the economy will be better. If their is any major shift in pricing, it will be downward. With that being said, I feel that the prices will remain *relatively* stable. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your other questions although I cannot imagine a significant premium to justify leaving them unslabbed if they can't be certified in their native holders.

Second, will PCGS or NGC grade these without removing from the packaging, similar to what they do for the GSA dollars?

Thanks.

NO, the only thing you can do is get them put into a multi-holder.

If you look at the prices for the 1983 NO S Dime you will see that the prices have

fallen for the last 2-3 years. They do sell for a $50-$100 more being graded.