• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these worth getting graded?

10 posts in this topic

dollarsfront.jpg

dollarsback.jpg

It's that old story...

I collect comics, not coins, but the "family coins" have come into my possession. These have been in the family since at least my grandmother's day. There are some less interesting coins and some more interesting ones, all in various shapes. I chose these to start with.

What I'm wondering is whether I should even bother having either of these graded and what you guys think would result if I did. My crappy scans don't do the Morgan much justice btw.

Your 1878 7TF PAF "Short Nock" Reverse is the most common of the Philly Morgans for that year, and it is estimated that there are 100,000-200,000 available in grades MS60-64.

The 1921 Peace looks as though it may have some rim damage on the reverse at 9 o'clock which may limit it to a details grade.

I'm with James. It wouldn't be worth the cost having these graded.

Chris

Definitely not, in my opinion. These are two regularly available coins, and the cost of certification is much too high compared to their relative value.

(thumbs u