• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with ANACS coins

14 posts in this topic

I know ANACS smaller older holders are, in general, pretty well graded -- but can the board help me with ANACS blue holders -- particularly the Morgan Dollar Series. Specifically are blue ANACS holdered Morgan dollars likely to cross or ???

THANKS

The Blue Holders were created before the purchase of ANACS by James Taylor and his subsequent (alleged) stealing of people and graders of ICG. I found blue holders to be hit or miss.

Scott

I have had no prob with ANACS coins I have cracked out and submitted to NGC or PCGS - they came back the same grade or higher. (1) I don't buy overgraded coins, (2) I have good grading skills (3) ANACS is Americas oldest grading service and one of the 4 major grading services accepted by Teletrade and Ebay.

There are buyers who will try to use the fact a coin is in an ANACS holder as an excuse to rip you by offering a low ball price or expect you to discount ANACS coins. Ask them if they have any ANACS coins to sell you at such a discount. When I ask them that, they get quiet and walk off. On the bourse, Money talks - BS walks. Its the coin, and where it falls in the grade range, not who's holder its in which will hold up over time. Grading Services may be come and go or simply be non-existent in the not so distant future.

I once had a fellow come up to my table like he was Little Mr Know it All on Grading by throwing out his ideas about holders of a TPG graded during a certain time period. He did not even look at the coins in question and was ready to accept someone elses BS as truth about their grading. Someone who knows how to grade would look at the coins, deciding for himself where they fell in the grade range and never make a fool of himself like that.

Additionally, there is no TPG holder which is completely airtite which will protect the coin from the affects of the atmosphere over a long period of time. A coin would have to be in a vacuum.......

there is no TPG holder which is completely airtite which will protect the coin from the affects of the atmosphere over a long period of time. A coin would have to be in a vacuum.......

....now THAT'S a great idea! i can just see the slabs of the future, coins in a light-bulb! :devil:

there is no TPG holder which is completely airtite which will protect the coin from the affects of the atmosphere over a long period of time. A coin would have to be in a vacuum.......

....now THAT'S a great idea! i can just see the slabs of the future, coins in a light-bulb! :devil:

There's no better way to show reflective mirrors of DMPL's.

there is no TPG holder which is completely airtite which will protect the coin from the affects of the atmosphere over a long period of time.

A few years ago, a PCGS forum member was caught ATing coins that were already in PCGS slabs. The moderators ATS quickly deleted all the threads dealing with this episode. I guess they didn't want to give others any ideas. If slabs were airtight, this would not have been possible.

there is no TPG holder which is completely airtite which will protect the coin from the affects of the atmosphere over a long period of time.

A few years ago, a PCGS forum member was caught ATing coins that were already in PCGS slabs. The moderators ATS quickly deleted all the threads dealing with this episode. I guess they didn't want to give others any ideas. If slabs were airtight, this would not have been possible.

I remember that incident... and to be honest, thought little of it. ATing of coins already in slabs has been going on practically since the day rattler slabs were invented.