• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow lets get an 1873 S Seated Dollar from Ebay !!!

13 posts in this topic

This is really funny.

Check this out before the listing gets pulled.

I like the comment about Bowers , Stacks and Heritage getting the option to sell this coin if it is not sold on EBAY .

EBAY Item #

Linky

Truly, one of the most entertaining pieces of writing ever. The guy must have been high on more substances than I've learned of thus far in medical school, which must have been a ton of fun while it lasted.

I particularly like that the coin is guaranteed for "autenticity," the meaning of which is anyone's guess.

Hoot

p.s. It's always best to hold a $20,000,000 coin firmly, obverse and reverse, between your fingers, because "it would not matter, it's over 100 years old and 100s of people or more touched it before it made it to the safe nearly 65 years ago." Genius, pure genius.

I don't like to bag on people too much but I feel that if I was to sell a 20,000,000 dollar coin on e-bay I would make sure that my fingers were well hidden or at least well groomed... ???
lol

BTW I put in a $5 offer...

I like his reply to the PCGS grader.

Q: Hi, I've graded coins for PCGS and have authenticated 100's of thousands of coins. I would be the life of my entire family that this coin is counterfeit. I am 110% sure of it. It is illegal to sell coins that are counterfeit in the US. Just letting you know. Thanks, Zane Feb-25-10

A: I have not implied the coin is real, i leave that up to you, and as far as that goes MAYBE YOU BETTER START LOOKING ON EBAY AND THE THOUSANDS OF COINS AND PAPERMONEY FOR SALE THAT ARE COUNTERFEITS---WE BOUGHT SOME FROM EBAY AND GUESS WHAT---EBAY--PAYPAL--THE SELLER--NO ONE REFUNDED OUR MONEY AS I HAVE OFFERED TO DO, SO YES THANKS FOR YOUR O P I N I O N . WE ALL HAVE ONE.

36_11_6.gif

I like his reply to the PCGS grader.

Q: Hi, I've graded coins for PCGS and have authenticated 100's of thousands of coins. I would be the life of my entire family that this coin is counterfeit. I am 110% sure of it. It is illegal to sell coins that are counterfeit in the US. Just letting you know. Thanks, Zane Feb-25-10

A: I have not implied the coin is real, i leave that up to you, and as far as that goes MAYBE YOU BETTER START LOOKING ON EBAY AND THE THOUSANDS OF COINS AND PAPERMONEY FOR SALE THAT ARE COUNTERFEITS---WE BOUGHT SOME FROM EBAY AND GUESS WHAT---EBAY--PAYPAL--THE SELLER--NO ONE REFUNDED OUR MONEY AS I HAVE OFFERED TO DO, SO YES THANKS FOR YOUR O P I N I O N . WE ALL HAVE ONE.

36_11_6.gif

I read that...I also told him it would get a details grade of VF-30 or so max from environmental damage if it were genuine.

Another part of the listing that was hilarious was when he or she stated

"This is the only 1873 S Seated Liberty Dollar I have ever found"

Yeah he or she needs to catch a slow boat to China where they will find lots of them.

Another part of the listing that was hilarious was when he or she stated

"This is the only 1873 S Seated Liberty Dollar I have ever found"

To be honest, I check my pocket change every day in hopes of finding one. You just never know!