• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC Submission Results In

12 posts in this topic

Sent five coins to CAC. They arrived Monday and I received the results yesterday.

I like that turnaround time. :)

The results were exactly what I thought they would be. Got one Gold, three Green, and one miss.

Here is the Gold:

buffobv1A.jpg

The Green:

HugoObvA.jpg

PCGS MS65

WisconsinObvA.jpg

PCGS MS66

1935DTexasObvA.jpg

PCGS MS66

Missed:

46SBTWObvA.jpg

NGC 65 (Old Holder)

Excellent results!

Based on the images, the PCGS grade on the 1913 type-1 is simply ridiculous. This is a very common coin in high grade that is actually difficult to find in grades BELOW MS-63!

Consistent grading?! lol

Your Buff looks quite pretty. Why do you think it went MS61 the first time? Is there a patch of hairlines? Might it simply have been a missed grade?

Great results. I am not surprised that the last coin missed because of the tone .

Their turnaround is outstanding , all my submission have been turned around in 3 days or less.

Their turnaround is outstanding , all my submission have been turned around in 3 days or less.

Must not have a lot of coins to CAC.

I send them a lot :grin:

By turn around I mean the time it takes them to look at the coins and post the results.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. :)

The only thing I can see with the Buffalo is the weakness around the rims, particularly on the reverse, and the hit on the left front leg?

DSC0083_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0082_edited-2.jpg

Lee, if I were to grade that Buffalo from those pics, I would say 64 easily, due primarily to the weak strike. It appears that the luster is somewhat dull, which will also limit the grade, but I see very few distracting marks.

That is a goofy grade for the 1913 Buff. There has to be some hairlines because there is NO WAY IN HELL you give an MS61 to that coin for "rim weakness" and a hit on the leg. There has got to be something else.

jom